For our meal we had a few things that were generally angelic, and a few things specific to each angel.
Angel Hair Pasta with Carrot Cream Sauce
The carrots represent St. Raphael because he cured Tobit's eyesight.
1 box angel hair pasta
1 bag baby carrots
1 jar alfredo sauce
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the carrots with a little bit of vegetable oil and roast until soft, about 45 minutes to an hour.
2. Move the cooked carrots into a blender or food processor and add some water. Blend until smooth.
3. Stir together the carrot puree and the alfredo sauce. Serve over cooked angel hair pasta.
St. Michael's Grilled Skewers
The skewers represent St. Micheal's sword. We used bamboo, but metal ones would look more like swords.
Put whatever meat and veggies you like onto skewers and grill until done. Simple! We used steak, shrimp, broccoli, bell peppers, and yellow squash.
Angel Food Cupcakes with Blackberries
Blackberries are a traditional food associated with St. Michael due to a legend about Satan landing in a bramble bush when he was banished from heaven.
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
12 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Combine egg whites with cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla. Whip until you have medium peaks. Sift the flour and sugar and gently fold them into the egg whites.
2. Scoop the batter into a cupcake tin lined with paper wrappers. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 35 minutes. Cool and serve with whipped cream and blackberries.
Sadly I didn't have anything St. Gabriel specific, but lilies are a traditional symbol for him, so having some for a centerpiece would be nice, though lilies are hard to find in the fall. You could also write out the menu on a banner or, as my husband suggested, put out a bowl of Bugles! Our son colored an Archangel coloring page from happysaints that you can find here.
St. Raphael grant us healing! St. Gabriel bring us good news! St. Michael defend us against our enemies!
This post is linked up at the Catholic Bloggers Network monthly link up blitz, the Equipping Catholic Families Saints Cele-linky and the Catholic and Living It Link Up.