Star shaped cookie cutter
kitchen shears or scissors
1. Cut your watermelon into rounds and punch out star shapes using the cookie cutter.
2. Lace blueberries and/or grapes onto the skewers, leaving enough room at the top for the watermelon star.
3. Snip off the sharp end of of the skewer with kitchen shears. This just makes it a little safer to eat for younger ones.
4. Top of the skewer with the watermelon star. Enjoy! Using different shaped cookie cutters makes this treat adaptable for many occasions. Topping them with a butterfly or a flower would be great for a girls' birthday party!
- This is the first picture of my son I've put on the blog! (Except for his toes in my post about homemade sidewalk chalk.) And yes, he is wearing a St. Juan Diego shirt from Happy Saints!
This post is linked up at Making the World Cuter and Carole's Chatter:Food on Friday:Melon