Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Lady of Lourdes: Craft and Muffins

Today is the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. She appeared to St. Bernadette the first time on this date in 1858. Learn more about Our Lady of Lourdes here.  
Mondays are pretty busy for us, so I did all the work the day before. For a fun and simple craft I drew a picture of Our Lady of Lourdes without her blue ribbon, golden roses, and rosary.  I drew these on some colored paper and cut them out so that my son can glue them on later. You can print and download the template for this project here.
I also made some blueberry muffins, as suggested by Catholic Cuisine. We often use colors to celebrate special occasions, like green and red for Christmas, and red and pink for Valentine's Day. The colors of Our Lady of Lourdes are blue and white, so blueberry muffins fit very well! I used a blueberry muffin recipe from my family cookbook.

Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
Sift dry ingredients together (first four). Mix wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Stir in the blueberries. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...