Thursday, August 15, 2013

Feast of the Assumption Snack Cups

Happy Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary! Don't forget that today is a holy day of obligation.


We have a play date today and I wanted to bring a snack to share that celebrated today's feast. I got inspired by Catholic Cuisine's Heavenly Assumption Parfaits, a simple and beautiful treat using blue jello and whipped topping to create a cloud and sky affect. I really liked the idea, but needed to make mine a little more portable to bring to the play date.

So instead of breaking up the jello and putting it in parfait glasses, I poured the liquid jello into disposable plastic cups and let it set in those. I then put a layer of whipped topping on top, and garnished it with a blue white chocolate "M" for Mary. It was the first time I tried a decoration like this, and though every M wasn't as neat as I might have liked, I think they turned out really well and added a special little touch!









To make the white chocolate garnishes I melted some white chocolate chips in the microwave and added blue food coloring. I then put the melted chocolate into a zip top bag and snipped off the corner with some scissors to create a piping bag. Then I piped the M's onto parchment paper that was on the back side of a baking pan. Make sure you make more than you need because some of them will probably break when you remove them. Pop the baking pan into the freezer and the chocolate should set in a just a few minutes! They lift off the parchment paper really easily, and then you can place them on top of the jello cups. Enjoy!

You can print a free Assumption coloring page from Happy Saints by clicking here. 

  This post is linked up the Catholic Bloggers Network monthly link up blitz , Equipping Catholic Families Saints Cele-linky, and the Catholic and Living It Link Up.


3 comments:

  1. Super sweet and so pretty! I love the look of blue jello! The "M" is a nice touch! I'm sure some little ones would love them! Thanks for adding them to our Link-up! Blessings on this wonderful Feast day of Our Lady's Assumption!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I am actually impressed by your "M"s. I think I would have struggled making those haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The M's were actually pretty easy, I think anyone could do it! I guess now I've got a good trick to make things seem fancy without too much effort.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...